The Spex Standard Contour wheelchair cushion can be adjusted on the spot to achieve the optimum pelvic foundation. Spex cushion technology provides the key solution to positioning and levelling the pelvis correctly and effectively by strategic placement in the adjustable base cell system to further contour the cushion for correction or control. Gel-foam ischial evenly distributes pressure under the pelvis and reduces shear forces in sensitive areas. This cushion is ideal for those who have changing postural needs over time and have a symmetrical or asymmetrical posture that needs correction or control.
Colour your cushion
Designed for the user who has moderate to severe positioning and pressure requirements. Excellent choice for individuals who:
- Have changing postural needs over time.
- Have a symmetrical or asymmetrical sitting posture that requires correction or control.
- Require pelvic comfort and pressure relief/distribution.
- Require a high degree of pelvic stability and specific contouring.
- Have tight hamstrings/lack of hip flexion.
- No maintenance required. A reliable, peace-of-mind solution!
- Created as the solution-solver for asymmetrical postures.
- Strategic contouring pads offer complete customisations on-the-spot for a perfect fit for the client.
- Removable trochanter supports for pelvic obliquity or reduction, or build-up for hip flexion.
- Gel-foam ischial well evenly distributes pressure under the pelvis and reduces shear forces in sensitive areas.
- Coccyx channel for enhanced pressure relief (for sizes 16” +)
- Includes breathable ‘spacer’ fabric cover and bonus inner incontinence cover.
Strategic Positioning Base
With the proven in-built adjustable base system, the Spex cushion can be configured to solve many different pelvis needs ranging from basic cushion stability up to difficult pelvic situations.
Modifications by strategic placement in the adjustable base cell system further contour the cushion for correction, control, balance, stability, pressure redistribution and many other needs.
With adjustment being done at the base of the cushion, the upper foam layers are unaffected and don’t cause bottoming-out or further pressure risks.
Configurations can be easily made so pressure is redistributed from the ischial tuberosities and coccyx onto the trochanters and femurs for enhanced load bearing and stability.
With treating each leg independently via the cells it is easy to obtain optimum positioning and levelling the pelvis correctly and effectively, and this process can be carried out without limit by simply rearranging and modifying the cells at any time for changing postural needs.