The EquaGel Protector wheelchair cushion uses buckling gel to equalise pressure and is suitable for those with advanced cushioning needs. Buckling technology works when the gel’s threshold is reached and the first wall buckles into the hollow area between the walls, passing the weight to the surrounding walls for support. This also increases surface area and equalises pressure for maximum comfort. The cushion is very soft touch and works quickly to distribute the user’s weight away from pressure points. The EquaGel Protector is 6cm tall with a contoured pelvic area for extra pressure distribution while maintaining 4.5cm of gel below the pressure points. This cushion is fluid resistant and has a vapour permeable cover.
- Ideal for advanced cushioning needs
- Contoured pelvic area for equalising pressure redistribution
- Fluid resistant, flame retardant, vapour permeable cover
- Moderate to high pressure relief
- 63.5mm high, with 44.5mm of buckling gel under pressure points