The Spex Wheelchair Backrest meets the needs of wheelchair users with upper torso needs due to an exceptional upholstery section. The Spex incorporates a contouring cube system which allows for effortless, on-the-spot customisation for torso comfort and asymmetry. This backrest provides a comfortable pressure by reducing the surface layer of the foam to absorb bony prominences. The Spex is ideal for user who needs a spinal alignment and support, has skin breakdown problems or has bony skeletal prominences.
Rectangle shape style fits between the wheelchair canes, while T shape sits in front of the wheelchair canes. The Surface style also sits in front of the canes and gives greater support in the shoulder and pelvic areas.
- Effortless customisations
- On-the-spot adaptions for changing postural needs
- Instant results
- Cubes can be removed and added at any time
- Contouring doesn’t move or slip out of adjustment
- Additional contouring support wedges can be used to further enhance the degree of contouring.
Designed for the individual who:
- Requires a comfortable back support to reduce torso pain
- Requires spinal alignment and support
- Has skin breakdown/pressure care needs
- Has bony or protruding skeletal prominences
- Have changing postural needs
- Pertains a maladaptive or asymmetric posture