The height-adjustable Compass Chair provides support and sensory boundaries. The seat and back have a non-slip texture for added security and the calming blue colour and minimalist design blends in with other classroom chairs.
Available in sizes 1 to 5 to suit everyone from small children to adults.
- Very Durable – children with vestibular or tactile hyposensitivity may exhibit movement-seeking or sensory-seeking behaviour. The Compass Chair is designed and tested to withstand continuous rocking movements.
- Lateral Support – children with autism-spectrum disorder can benefit from gentle boundaries for emotional and sensory security. The raised sides of the seat together with the armrests provide reassuring physical borders for relaxed sitting.
- Tilt – shorten the rear legs to add more recline, and assist a child to slide to the back of the seat with a gravity-assisted cue to remain seated in the chair. Shorten the front legs to add a forward tilt to contribute to postural control, access to a table or desk, and a more attentive, focused sitting position.
- Armrests – high armrests provide upper body support and aid in transfer.
- Height adjustable legs – the legs allow the seat height to be fine-tuned for optimal positioning. Front and rear legs adjust separately.
- Seatbelt – clip the optional seat belt into the seat when needed by a particular user for safety or postural support. Remove it when not needed.
- Stability feet – the stability feet enlarge the chair’s base of support. They are adjustable like the standard chair legs. The stability feet in use in the classroom to prevent the chair from tipping.